Friday, October 22, 2010

Writing Circles Blog

My writing circle in ed 253 consists of two other young ladies, Britney and Rachel.  I have known them for some time before this class and I enjoy working with them.  Since we are now a group, we have responsibilities to one another.  Each of us signed a contract yesterday before class ended stating the following:
1. We would give positive criticisms of our writing styles to one another and be willing to give feedback.
2. We would contribute equally to one another and make sure that any additional resources needed would be found to ensure the writing assignments would be completed to the professors approval.
3. We wanted to make sure that if we are stuck with writer's block, that we would all brainstorm ideas and help each other develop a good paper.
I am happy that we have writing circles because I used to have the same in my English 111 and 112 class which were called "peer editing groups."  These groups much like our own in this class really helped us to see the flaws of our paper and how we could make it better. It was nice to get feedback from others as well because you cannot write a paper on your own and feel that it is complete.  Everyone needs help and shoudl not be afraid to ask for it if it is readily available which it is.
Our groups are meant to be a support system for one another not just in writing, but for anything else as well. I look forward to working with my group and seeing what wonderful ideas we can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment