Friday, October 22, 2010

No Service

Well this past Tuesday, October 5th because of standardized testing in the school district.  Overall, I have enjoyed my time here at my service site.  This school seems almost out of place because it is such a beautiful school, but at the same time when you look out the window, all you can see are dilapidated buildings and rundown neighborhoods.  Unfortunately, many schools inside of the Cleveland Municipal School District are falling apart and rundown.  These types of conditions are the everyday struggles that these children deal with.  This is one of the main reasons why I want to become a teacher because I want to help as many children as I can excel and be all that they can be.  And I understand that this may sound cheesy to some people, but I do what I do in life so that others may benefit.  I am your shoulder to lean on and all of the children I have ever met know this and they know they can talk to me about anything.  I look forward to seeing my class of preschoolers next Tuesday and hope they are as happy to see me as I am to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment