Friday, October 22, 2010

My First Day of Service Learning

So today was my very first day at Warner Girls Leadership Academy.  It was absolutely amazing.  I selected to be in a pre kindergarten classroom. The unique aspect of this school is that it is an all girls school. The young girls ages 5 to 7 were so anxious for me to do activities with each of them and were so happy to meet me.  I am estatic that I will have the opportunity to work with these young girls because pre-k to 3rd grade is what I want to teach.  I am looking forward to connecting with the girls and developing friendly relationships with all of them.
I also want to point out that I was supposed to do service at this site last semester but my schedule did not allow me the flexibility to accommodate this service site.  I am upset though because the school is so nice and the people there are wonderful that I'm hoping that I will be able to return for the rest of my years at John Carroll.  I know it is only been one day that I have been there, but I feel like I finally found the right fit for a weekly service activity.    I can't wait to go back and see the girls again.  I hope everyone else has a great experience at their service sites as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment